Settlement Services & Programs
MNS offers free settlement support services to newcomers and other immigrants. We serve individuals as well as entire families. Our staff have themselves lived the immigrant experience and are well trained and experienced in providing the supports necessary to achieving successful settlement and integration in Canada. We provide services in many languages including Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Spanish, French, Italian. Our services start with a personal needs assessment of each client and are tailored to meet client individual needs as they navigate through the settlement process.
Note that based on our funding from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), our settlement programs and services are available only to landed immigrants, live-in caregivers and convention refugees. However, we provide timely referrals for any additional supports needed that we do not offer.
Information and Orientation Services
- Assistance with correctly interpreting and filling out of government and other formal documents including applications for Canadian landed status, Canadian passports, supportive housing, pensions, and other government benefits such as child tax benefits, social insurance numbers, Ontario health insurance.
- Help with translation and understanding of formal documents
- Information on Canadian culture, social issues, community resources and services,
- Referrals for other community supports and services
- Personal supportive counselling and help with making community connections
- Employment/career counselling, labor market information and job search supports
- Commissioner of Oaths services for endorsing or attesting of formal documents, including landing papers, passports, marriage, and education certificates. Clients must show proper supporting documents and identification.