WellFort Community Health Services and Punjabi Community Health Services are excited to announce the opening of Malton COVID-19 Testing Clinic!
As of October 29th , 2020, we will be offering free testing to community members:
- With 1 or more COVID-19 symptom (children must be 5 years+)
- Exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Who are residents/workers in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak
- Who are residents/workers/visitors of a Long-Term Care Home, Homeless Shelter and other group settings
- Who are Healthcare Workers, Caregivers, First Responders, Emergency Child Care Workers and Persons living in the same household
- Who are Essential Workers (as per MOH definition)
According to Peel Public Health Data, Black, South Asian and Latino residents are disproportionately represented in COVID-19 cases. We also know that COVID-19 continues to exacerbate existing social and health inequities faced by the communities we work with. We are bringing testing close to home in Malton to ensure no one is left behind in this pandemic response.
The Malton COVID-19 Testing Clinic will provide testing, health education and health promotion. It will also support those who test positive with information and resources. Testing is free for everyone, including people without a health card (OHIP).
We are reaching out to you, requesting that your agency help us promote the Malton COVID-19 Testing Clinic to your clients/patients, so that we can work together to provide the necessary support to the communities we work with.