Mayor Crombie is pleased to announce the launch of Mississauga’s Black Community Engagement Sessions. As you may recall, this was part of Resolution 207 passed in June 2020 at Council. Starting on Thursday, May 6th, we will conduct a series of six consultation sessions with Mississauga’s Black communities to generate greater insights into their lived experiences, challenges and opportunities to create a more inclusive and accessible City and Region. The sessions will wrap up by June 29th.
Attached you will find the Press Release. For more information on the sessions please visit mississauaga.ca\BCE or by clicking here, and you can email us at BCE@mississauga.ca. We have created a dedicated email for this process where anyone can share insights in addition to the sessions.
Registration for each session can be done directly through the website and participants will receive a Webex link for the meeting. The sessions are facilitated through Claudia McKoy from Upsurgence, who is working with the Mayor’s Black Caucus and subject matter experts to provide context and guided questions in order to receive the community’s feedback.
- Accessing Political Power in Canada: Thursday, May 6, 6 to 8:30 pm
- How can Black Communities best use local resources for positive impact and change: Thursday, May 20, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Policing: Thursday, May 27, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Personal Well Being within the Black Communities: Tuesday, June 8, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Accessing An Age Friendly Society: Thursday, June 17, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Economic Empowerment: Tuesday, June 29, 6 to 8:30 pm