Re-employment/ Labour Market Access Supports
MNS offers pre-employment/labour market supports:
JSW ( Job Search Workshops) – designed to meet the needs of foreign trained professionals
Immigrant Women Pre-employment program – tailored for immigrant women seeking to enter/re-enter the job market or to build on their professional ambitions and careers. Explores ways to balance the demands of family life and workplace priorities.
Both programs offer workshops and the following supports.
(MNS) offers a Free, Intensive, 4-day job Search Workshop for:
- Permanent Residents
- Landed Immigrants
- Convention Refugees
- Live-in Caregivers
- This federal government, Citizenship and Immigration Canada program is offered at our North-East Brampton location, MNS Multicultural Newcomer Services at 3975 Cottrelle Blvd, units 8-10, at Highway 50.
To enhance their job search success, participants:
- Learn about the Canadian labour market and work cultures
- Self-assess their employability skills, often finding they already have what Canadian employers want
- Prepare effective and successful resumes and cover letters
- Learn how to access the hidden job market
- Discuss how to best respond to job leads
- Practice proven telephone techniques that gain potential employers’ interest
- Conduct mock interviews to improve personal marketability and self-confidence
- Learn timely follow-up tactics to enhance interview success
- Learn about workers’ rights and employment standards
- Receive support to find employment in the shortest time possible
Participants in our Job Search Workshop may also receive:
- Free access to computers with Internet and printing
- Free photocopying
- Free local faxing
- Access to job leads and more!
For more information or to register contact:
Soma at 905-794-7111 / 905-677-6270 Ext. 2248