Multicultural, Settlement and Education Partnership (MSEP)
Through our partnership with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board, we offer settlement services to newcomer families using local schools as the primary point of contact.
Since schools are one of the first services newcomers connect with, our Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) provide information on:
- Schools and education
- Where to go to learn English
- Finding a job
- Housing for newcomer families
- Health care
- The law
Our multi-lingual, multicultural SWIS team also:
- contact all newcomers in a particular school to help parents, guardians and students learn about the school and community-based services.
- facilitates communication between school staff and newcomers, often helping with interpretation.
- organizes group sessions on relevant topics such as, access to language training, housing issues, education-related workshops, etc.
- conducts Newcomer Orientation sessions about schools in August.
Back to Top
Our Malton Neighbourhood Services’ SWIS team is currently at:
|Peel District School Board|
|Brandon Gate PS|
|Darcel Avenue Senior PS||Archana||647 838-6131||Tuesday & Friday|
|Dunrankin Drive PS||Sharmila||647-838-1482||Monday,Tuesday & Thursday|
|Lancaster Junior PS||Kanwal||647 838-9121||Monday & Thursday|
|Marvin Heights PS||Kanwal||647 838-9121||Tuesday & Friday|
|Morning Star Middle School||Navkirat||647 838-9101||Thursday &Friday|
|Ridgewood PS||Archana||647 838-6131||Monday, Wednesday, & Friday|
|Lincoln M Alexander Secondary School||Navkirat||647 838-9101||Monday &Tuesday|
|Sharmila||647-838-1482||Wednesday & Friday|
|Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board|
|Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School||Aiya||647 838-6101||Wednesday & Friday|
|Assessment and Reception Centre — Mississauga||Tuesday|
|Assessment and Reception Centre — Brampton||Monday & Thursday|
|Holy Cross Catholic School||On-call basis|
|St.Raphael Elementary School||On-call basis|